A pfSense course typically aims to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of pfSense, an open-source firewall and routing platform based on FreeBSD.
This show covers the basics of pfSense, the “World’s Most Trusted Open Source Firewall”. It will help IT professionals to install, configure and manage & maintain the rich features in pfSense 2.4.4 for a production environment. It will also be helpful to the novice IT professional who needs to start working with a firewall.
· Understand the basics of firewalling: Gain a solid understanding of fundamental firewall concepts, including packet filtering, network address translation (NAT), and rule creation.
· Install and configure pfSense: Learn how to install pfSense on suitable hardware or virtual environments and perform initial configuration for optimal functionality.
· Explore pfSense features: Familiarize yourself with the various features and capabilities offered by pfSense, such as VPN support, captive portal, traffic shaping, and more.
· Implement network security: Learn how to design and deploy a secure network infrastructure using pfSense, including creating effective firewall rules, configuring VPNs for secure remote access, and implementing intrusion prevention systems (IPS) and antivirus features.
· Network monitoring and troubleshooting: Understand how to monitor network traffic, generate reports, and utilize diagnostic tools to troubleshoot issues and maintain network performance.
Who this course is for:
- Network administrators
- System administrators
- IT professionals
- Security analysts
- Network engineers
- IT managers
- Students or learners
- Basic networking knowledge
- Understanding of firewall concepts
- Linux/Unix familiarity
- Networking hardware and terminology
- Familiarity with virtualization
Last Updated 5/2023
Total Size: 14.5 GB